DANBURY, Conn.-- Western Connecticut State University in Danbury will launch a new literary journal as part of its Master of Fine Arts in Creative and Professional Writing program.
“Poor Yorick: A Journal of Rediscovered Objects” will be a free online journal will publish poems, stories, essays, profiles, digital video shorts, photo-essays, scholarly articles and other innovative works about or inspired by rediscovered objects and/or images of material culture.
In lieu of traditional issues, the journal will post new content on an ongoing basis. In addition to unsolicited submissions, the journal’s editorial staff will occasionally identify a particular historical object, collection or exhibit and call for submissions inspired by the selected artifact.
The online journal will begin publishing content in the fall of 2014.
for more information, log on to www.pooryorickjournal.com.
- 1 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Danbury
- 2 Danbury Police Charge Man, 36, With Attempted Murder
- 3 Off To A Great Start: Kindergarten Registration Begins In Danbury
- 4 Danbury Could See Up To 4 Inches Of Snow In New Storm
- 5 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For New Round Of Snow Tuesday In Danbury