DANBURY, Conn.-- Western Connecticut State University in Danbury will launch a new literary journal as part of its Master of Fine Arts in Creative and Professional Writing program.
“Poor Yorick: A Journal of Rediscovered Objects” will be a free online journal will publish poems, stories, essays, profiles, digital video shorts, photo-essays, scholarly articles and other innovative works about or inspired by rediscovered objects and/or images of material culture.
In lieu of traditional issues, the journal will post new content on an ongoing basis. In addition to unsolicited submissions, the journal’s editorial staff will occasionally identify a particular historical object, collection or exhibit and call for submissions inspired by the selected artifact.
The online journal will begin publishing content in the fall of 2014.
for more information, log on to www.pooryorickjournal.com.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 2 Serious Accident Reported At I-684, I-84 Interchange
- 3 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 4 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 5 Apartments Rising At 1 Kennedy Flats Development In Downtown Danbury