DANBURY, Conn. -- Wooster School in Danbury and the Ridgefield Library will co-sponsor a college admissions speaker series.
Three of the series events will occur at the Ridgefield Library and four will occur at Wooster School. The library events are open to the public, and seats can be reserved by registering at
or calling 203-438-2282.
Limited seating is available to the general public for the events at Wooster School and can be reserved by visiting woosterschool.org/collegeadmissions .
This multi-part series is aimed at high school students and their parents to help them understand how to engage in a college admissions process that is healthy, realistic and designed to maximize the value of the college investment.
Programs at Ridgefield Library are as follows:
- Tuesday at 6 p.m., "Uniqueness in an Applicant Pool of Sameness" with Kerr Ramsay, associate vice president of enrollment management, High Point University.
- Tuesday, Sept. 15, at 6 p.m., "Division III Athletics" with Mike Howard, associate athletic director, director of men and women’s cross-country and track and field, St. Lawrence University, and Joanne Little, senior associate director of athletics, SWA/compliance, Union College.
- Tuesday, Sept. 22, at 6 p.m., "Finding a College that Fits"with William Elliot, vice president emeritus, Carnegie Mellon University, and John Buckley, associate vice president for undergraduate enrollment, Fordham University.
- Friday, Sept. 18, at 6 p.m. "Exploring Admissions at a Highly Selective College/University" with Michael Short, former admissions officer, Stanford University, Wooster Middle School Common Room
- Monday, Sept. 21, at 6 p.m. "The College Visit … Demonstrated, Meaningful or Genuine Interest?" with Robert Springall, dean of admissions, Bucknell University, Wooster Middle School Common Room,
- Thursday, Oct. 15 at 6 p.m., "College Admissions Case Study – Mock Admissions Committee" with Caitlin Latta, assistant director of admission, Grinnell College, Wooster Middle School Common Room.
- Tuesday, Oct. 20, at 6 p.m., "Rising Trends in College Admissions" with Bill Jack, associate dean of admission, Wesleyan University, Wooster Middle School Common Room.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.