DANBURY, Conn. -- Sixth-grader Julong Williams, of Redding, was recently honored by Wooster School for outstanding citizenship.
"This young lady created an image for me," Middle School Dean of Students Peter Lingenheld said. "I walked into my classroom the other week and found the image on top of my computer keyboard. It is a Math 6-inspired word cloud that she made for me as a gift. She made my day.
"I was so touched by some of the words and phrases that she thought to include: 'everlasting'; 'color code'; 'Error? Begin again!'; 'reflection'; 'hip hip hooray'; '2022'; 'denominator of life'; 'try, try, try.' ... When I found this artwork on my desk, I was so touched and felt deeply grateful to have a student like her as part of our classroom community. I think she is a fantastic pick for citizenship recognition."
Other teachers added their praise:
- "She is a great student and person. An independent thinker, she has high standards and a strong code of ethics for herself. She puts whole-hearted effort into every assignment (we call this trying!)."
- "She is such a sweet and confident young lady. She has volunteered over 20 times this past citizenship period. This is just a small example of her generosity and kindness. One of the greatest aspects is her confidence in herself."
- "Julong always has a positive attitude and cheerfully offers to help her peers. Her smile, laughter, and uplifting energy is a gift for the Wooster community."
- "Julong has the appealing characteristic of being able to laugh at herself when she makes a mistake in class. She also is a friend to everybody without straining. "
- "Her work is above the top, she can work with others, she is a role model, and is under the radar.”
A fellow student noted, "I think one person in the middle school who has a really positive impact on this community is Julong. She always tries her best to volunteer and help out during jobs."
"Thanks for everything you do, Julong, we really appreciate your effort and contributions," Lingenheld said.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.