DANBURY, Conn. -- Ten Danbury students were chosen to receive Western Connecticut Superintendents Association Student Leadership Awards.
These students received their awards at the May 25 Danbury Board of Education meeting:
- Broadview Middle School: Jasmine Stone and Liam Dineen-Herzog
- Rogers Park Middle School: Gabriel Demelo and Laura Snow
- Westside Middle School Academy: Aiden Byrne and Hannah Krate
- Alternative Center for Excellence: Ronald Velasquez and Skyla Vecchia-Love
- Danbury High School: Ciara Broggy and Judah James
Every member WCSA district is eligible to select students from their area middle and high schools to receive this award.
The awards are based on three criteria: community service and service to others; academic prowess related to ability; and leadership service to the school community.
Students were acknowledged for their commitments to others, which included helping to feed those who are homeless, showing good sportsmanship and working to help other students by volunteering in programs such as Excel.