DANBURY, Conn. – Western Connecticut State University announced the appointment of four new board members for The WCSU Foundation Inc., a nonprofit support organization for the Danbury-based university.
The organization raises money and manages charitable contributions given to the university. The following people were named as board members:
Ronald Pugliese: A 1974 WestConn alumnus, Pugliese is economic development director in Waterbury and a member of the Southbury Board of Selectmen. He also served as a member of WestConn’s Board of Trustees from 1997 to 2012.
- Sarah Lind Ribeiro: She was the deputy mayor of schools and policy for St. Petersburg, Fla., as well as a high school administrator and high school teacher in Florida.
Kathleen Romagnano: The executive vice president of the Savings Bank of Danbury, Romagnano will take over as president and chief operating officer of the bank in March.
- Roy Young: He is chairman of the board of Fairfield Processing Corp. and also chairs the WCSU Foundation Board. He also funds two scholarships at WestConn.
- 1 Man Commits Suicide In Danbury Fair Mall Bathroom
- 2 Malloy Brings Transportation Vision To Danbury, Calls For Widening Of I-84
- 3 Forecast Worsens With More Snow Predicted For Danbury
- 4 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Danbury, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 5 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Danbury With Snow, Ice In Forecast