DANBURY, Conn. – Western Connecticut State University announced the appointment of four new board members for The WCSU Foundation Inc., a nonprofit support organization for the Danbury-based university.
The organization raises money and manages charitable contributions given to the university. The following people were named as board members:
Ronald Pugliese: A 1974 WestConn alumnus, Pugliese is economic development director in Waterbury and a member of the Southbury Board of Selectmen. He also served as a member of WestConn’s Board of Trustees from 1997 to 2012.
- Sarah Lind Ribeiro: She was the deputy mayor of schools and policy for St. Petersburg, Fla., as well as a high school administrator and high school teacher in Florida.
Kathleen Romagnano: The executive vice president of the Savings Bank of Danbury, Romagnano will take over as president and chief operating officer of the bank in March.
- Roy Young: He is chairman of the board of Fairfield Processing Corp. and also chairs the WCSU Foundation Board. He also funds two scholarships at WestConn.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 2 Serious Accident Reported At I-684, I-84 Interchange
- 3 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 4 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 5 Apartments Rising At 1 Kennedy Flats Development In Downtown Danbury