DANBURY, Conn. – Western Connecticut State University will host four performances of the Tony Award-winning musical "Into the Woods" this weekend.
The musical, with music and lyrics by Stephen Sondheim and book by James Lapine, weaves together several well-known fairy tales – including Cinderella, Rapunzel, Jack and the Beanstalk and Little Red Riding Hood – around the story of a cursed baker and his wife on a quest to break a spell cast by "the witch next door."
The musical is directed by Julio Agustin Matos Jr., produced by Sal Trapani and Pam McDaniel and Tom Cuffari is the musical director.
Performances will be held 3 and 7 p.m. Saturday and Sunday in the Berkshire Theater on WestConn’s Midtown campus, 181 White St., Danbury. Tickets are $20 for general admission, $15 for seniors and non-WestConn students, $12 for children under 12 and free for WestConn students.
For more information and ticket purchasing, call 203-837-TIXX or visit www.wcsu.edu/tickets.
- 1 Yale-New Haven Hospital Admits Patient With Ebola-Like Symptoms
- 2 Danbury Police Pull Driver From Car In Candlewood Lake
- 3 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Danbury Skies Sunday
- 4 Connecticut Prepares After Yale Student Shows Ebola-Like Symptoms
- 5 Danbury Will See Big Drop In Temperature This Weekend