DANBURY, Conn. -- Western Connecticut State University will host “Welcome Week” for new and returning students from Monday, Aug. 25, through Monday, Sept. 1, at various locations in Danbury.
Part of the university’s Orientation Program, “Welcome Week” provides incoming students and their families with a set of shared experiences, setting the tone for student academic success and personal growth while facilitating the transition to university life.
On Monday, Aug. 25, WestConn will hold its traditional “Entering the Gates” ceremony at 1:30 p.m. through the gates on the university’s Midtown campus near downtown Danbury. Faculty, staff, alumni and new and returning students will take the ceremonial walk through the gates to signify the start of another school year.
The event will be free, and the public is invited along with students' families.
The Midtown campus is located at 181 White St., and the Westside campus is located at 43 Lake Ave. Ext., both in Danbury.
For more information and a full schedule of events, visit www.wcsu.edu/orientation/ww14.asp or call 203-837-9700.
- 1 Danbury's Ives Park Features Grateful Dead Anniversary Concert Simulcast
- 2 Serious Accident Reported At I-684, I-84 Interchange
- 3 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 4 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 5 Danbury Police Search For Missing 14-Year-Old Girl