DANBURY, Conn. -- Western Connecticut State University will host “Welcome Week” for new and returning students from Monday, Aug. 25, through Monday, Sept. 1, at various locations in Danbury.
Part of the university’s Orientation Program, “Welcome Week” provides incoming students and their families with a set of shared experiences, setting the tone for student academic success and personal growth while facilitating the transition to university life.
On Monday, Aug. 25, WestConn will hold its traditional “Entering the Gates” ceremony at 1:30 p.m. through the gates on the university’s Midtown campus near downtown Danbury. Faculty, staff, alumni and new and returning students will take the ceremonial walk through the gates to signify the start of another school year.
The event will be free, and the public is invited along with students' families.
The Midtown campus is located at 181 White St., and the Westside campus is located at 43 Lake Ave. Ext., both in Danbury.
For more information and a full schedule of events, visit www.wcsu.edu/orientation/ww14.asp or call 203-837-9700.
- 1 Danbury Man, 22, Pleads Guilty To Stealing Nearly $300K From Investors
- 2 2 Arrested As Food Fight Turns Violent At Denny's In Danbury
- 3 Fallen Tree Closes Part Of Danbury's Deer Hill Ave., Causes Power Outages
- 4 Westport Mom Charged With Leaving Baby In Car At Whole Foods
- 5 Stamford Woman Killed In Motorcycle Crash On Route 7 In Wilton