DANBURY, Conn. -- Special Olympics athlete Oliver Croxford-Brock of Danbury and the Connecticut Unified Soccer team took home a bronze medal at he 2014 Special Olympics USA Games held in June in New Jersey.
Nearly 3,500 athletes – including over 70 from Connecticut – competed in 16 Olympic-style team and individual sports, with the support of 1,000 coaches, 10,000 volunteers and 70,000 family, friends and spectators.
The Special Olympics USA Games, which take place every four years, celebrate the Special Olympics movement, promote the ideals of acceptance and inclusion through sport and showcase athletes from throughout the U.S. and the abilities of people with intellectual disabilities.
- 1 Man Faces Multiple Charges After Two-State Chase That Ended In Danbury
- 2 Police Corral 90-Pound Alligator Crossing Street In New York City
- 3 Shark Sightings Lead To Beach Closure On Long Island
- 4 Aquarion Water Warns Customers To Beware Of Fake Employees After Burglaries
- 5 CityCenter Danbury Releases August Concert Lineup