DANBURY, Conn. -- Special Olympics athlete Oliver Croxford-Brock of Danbury and the Connecticut Unified Soccer team took home a bronze medal at he 2014 Special Olympics USA Games held in June in New Jersey.
Nearly 3,500 athletes – including over 70 from Connecticut – competed in 16 Olympic-style team and individual sports, with the support of 1,000 coaches, 10,000 volunteers and 70,000 family, friends and spectators.
The Special Olympics USA Games, which take place every four years, celebrate the Special Olympics movement, promote the ideals of acceptance and inclusion through sport and showcase athletes from throughout the U.S. and the abilities of people with intellectual disabilities.
- 1 Tractor-Trailer Slams Into Danbury Home At Bottom Of Slippery Hill
- 2 Danbury Could See Up To 4 Inches Of Snow In New Storm
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For New Round Of Snow Tuesday In Danbury
- 4 Teens Form Flash Mob In Danbury To Promote Fairfield County Giving Day
- 5 Danbury Landlord Helps Reunite Purple Heart With Family Of WW II Vet