DANBURY, Conn. – Danbury’s 12-year-old Cal Ripken All-Star team is conducting an online fundraising campaign to raise money for a trip to the Cal Ripken World Series.
The 14-player team has created an account on GoFundMe.com to raise money for the trip. The Cal Ripken World Series will be played Aug. 8 to Aug. 14 in Aberdeen, Md.
Danbury won District, State and New England championships to earn the right to play in the World Series. Danbury is 23-3 on the season and has gone undefeated in tournament games this summer.
To support the team, make a donation through its online fundraising page.
- 1 Salsa Fresca Serves Up Fast, Fresh Mexican Fare In Danbury
- 2 Report Says 72 Arrests Were Made At Danbury Schools In 2013
- 3 Family Asks For Help In Finding Missing College Student, 21, From Fairfield
- 4 Danbury Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 5 Norwalk Cop Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car On Tracks