DANBURY, Conn. – Danbury’s 12-year-old Cal Ripken All-Star team is conducting an online fundraising campaign to raise money for a trip to the Cal Ripken World Series.
The 14-player team has created an account on GoFundMe.com to raise money for the trip. The Cal Ripken World Series will be played Aug. 8 to Aug. 14 in Aberdeen, Md.
Danbury won District, State and New England championships to earn the right to play in the World Series. Danbury is 23-3 on the season and has gone undefeated in tournament games this summer.
To support the team, make a donation through its online fundraising page.
- 1 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 2 Danbury Picks 92-Year-Old Army Vet As Grand Marshal For Parade
- 3 Fire Damages O'Brien's Irish Pub In Danbury
- 4 Special Guests Drop In At Danbury's Memorial Day Parade
- 5 Picture Perfect Memorial Day Greets Danbury As Parade Steps Off