DANBURY, Conn. – Danbury’s 12-year-old Cal Ripken All-Star team is conducting an online fundraising campaign to raise money for a trip to the Cal Ripken World Series.
The 14-player team has created an account on GoFundMe.com to raise money for the trip. The Cal Ripken World Series will be played Aug. 8 to Aug. 14 in Aberdeen, Md.
Danbury won District, State and New England championships to earn the right to play in the World Series. Danbury is 23-3 on the season and has gone undefeated in tournament games this summer.
To support the team, make a donation through its online fundraising page.
- 1 Two Sons Injured Trying To Save Elderly Mother From Ridgefield Condo Fire
- 2 One Lane Reopens On I-84 Stretch After Tractor-Trailer/Car Accident
- 3 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teen Girl
- 4 Stamford Man Stopped On I-684 Charged With Driving Wrong Way, DWI
- 5 'I Am A Woman,' Newtown High School Graduate Jenner Says In 20/20 Interview