DANBURY, Conn. – Danbury’s 12-year-old Cal Ripken All-Star team is conducting an online fundraising campaign to raise money for a trip to the Cal Ripken World Series.
The 14-player team has created an account on GoFundMe.com to raise money for the trip. The Cal Ripken World Series will be played Aug. 8 to Aug. 14 in Aberdeen, Md.
Danbury won District, State and New England championships to earn the right to play in the World Series. Danbury is 23-3 on the season and has gone undefeated in tournament games this summer.
To support the team, make a donation through its online fundraising page.
- 1 2 Danbury Teens Charged With Harassing Ex-Teacher With Fake Twitter Account
- 2 2 Arrested As Food Fight Turns Violent At Denny's In Danbury
- 3 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 4 Danbury Man, 22, Pleads Guilty To Stealing Nearly $300K From Investors
- 5 Man Drowns In Creek On Bridgeport/Fairfield Border After Bar Fight