DANBURY, Conn. – Danbury’s 12-year-old Cal Ripken All-Star team is conducting an online fundraising campaign to raise money for a trip to the Cal Ripken World Series.
The 14-player team has created an account on GoFundMe.com to raise money for the trip. The Cal Ripken World Series will be played Aug. 8 to Aug. 14 in Aberdeen, Md.
Danbury won District, State and New England championships to earn the right to play in the World Series. Danbury is 23-3 on the season and has gone undefeated in tournament games this summer.
To support the team, make a donation through its online fundraising page.
- 1 Lower Fairfield County Ranked As Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 Mayor Unveils $40 Million Plan To Expand Danbury High
- 3 Danbury's Henry Abbott Tech Gets State's Seventh E-House
- 4 Nine Sandy Hook Victim Families File Lawsuit Against Gun Maker, Seller
- 5 Probability Of A White Christmas Is Low In Danbury