DANBURY, Conn. -- Danbury High School football coach Dan Donovan has resigned from his position after five seasons, according to newstimes.com.
Donovan's record with the Hatters was 15-36. A statement released by the school's athletic director said Donovan plans on focusing on becoming a high school principal, newstimes.com reported.
Donovan, who is currently an assistant principal at Danbury High in charge of the freshmen academy, succeeded the late Rick Davis as the Hatters head coach in 2009, according to newstimes.com.
- 1 Man Faces Multiple Charges After Two-State Chase That Ended In Danbury
- 2 Police Corral 90-Pound Alligator Crossing Street In New York City
- 3 Shark Sightings Lead To Beach Closure On Long Island
- 4 CityCenter Danbury Releases August Concert Lineup
- 5 Cigarette Assault Arrest, Big Lottery Win Tops Week's News In Danbury