DANBURY, Conn. -- The Danbury Whalers promoted Jed Wilson to senior vice president of sales and marketing.
Wilson has worked with the Whalers for five years and is the team's longest-tenured employee. His role with the club focuses on developing marketing partnerships and the overall branding of the team.
Under Wilson, the Danbury Whalers have seen tremendous growth in both the arena and social media marketing.
"From where we started in the first season with grass roots marketing to now the videos that Jed has put together, directed, and shot have been unreal. It has added a whole new dimension and reach for our organization and the marketing partners,'' Danbury Whalers President Alan Friedman said.
A New Jersey native and University of Florida graduate, Wilson is a former middle school teacher who earned a master's degree in history from Western Connecticut State University. Wilson was named Teacher of the Year in 2002.
"I'm proud of what we have accomplished in this organization,'' Wilson said. " We've had a great impact on the community and have brought a ton of awareness to numerous causes. I can say that my promotion and success is directly related to the fact that I work with people who push each other to be the best."
Wilson lives in New Fairfield with his wife Laura, daughter Elle and son Josh.
- 1 Suspected Drug Dealer Busted With Crack, Heroin, Danbury Police Say
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Danbury
- 3 Three Iconic Offerings Will Be Cut From McDonald's Menu In Danbury
- 4 Danbury Man, 67, Gets 10 Years In Prison For Leading Drug Ring
- 5 Danbury Billionaire Delays Construction To Keep Kids Soccer Fields Open