DANBURY, Conn. – The Mako Swim Club at the Regional YMCA of Western Connecticut in Danbury has announced its 2014 graduating seniors who are heading to college this fall.
“We are very excited for all of our graduating seniors. They have shown the tenacity necessary to compete in the pool over the years and we know that will carry over well into the next phase of their lives,” said Jason Paige, senior aquatic director and head coach of the Mako Swim Club.
The following Mako Swim Club seniors will be going on to study at various universities this fall:
- Austin Adamcheck, Babson College
- Rares Barbu, University of Connecticut
- Tucker Bjornson, U.S. Navy
- Anna Brown, Sacred Heart University
- Devon D’Agosta, Nova Southeastern
- Stephanie Ferrarie, Harvard University
- Richard Huffman, Bucknell University
- Adam Hufziger, Loyola University
- Robert Linden, Harvey Mudd
- Nick Miller, Connecticut College
- Samantha Palicz, Kenyon College
- Samantha Russo, LIM College
- Courtney Regan, Seton Hall University
“The Mako Swim Club helped me prepare for my college experience in so many ways. Swimming helped me structure my days so I was better organized for school. I also made so many great friends, who I will miss so much,” said graduating senior Courtney Regan.
Regan, along with Austin Adamcheck, Anna Brown, Devon D’Agosta, Robert Linden, Nick Miller and Samantha Palicz, will go on to compete for their universities in swimming at either Division I or Division III conferences.
The short course season for Mako Swim Club starts in early September for all ages. For more information regarding the Mako Swim Club call 203-775-4444 Ext. 124, or visit the website here .
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.