DANBURY, Conn. -- Kate MacNutt became just the second female basketball player from the Wooster School to amass 1,000 points in her career.
MacNutt surpassed the total during a semifinal playoff game against Darrow.
“I had my doubts along the way about whether or not I’d be in a position to reach 1,000 points,” MacNutt said in a statement. “When I suffered a concussion at the end of the fall season, it wasn’t looking likely, but as the season progressed the milestone became within reach. I share this accomplishment with all the great players, past and present, that I’ve been teammates with … and I’d also like to thank the great coaches I’ve had.”
MacNutt and the Lady Generals went on to not only win the Hudson Valley Athletic League but also the Class E New England Preparatory School Athletic Council Tournament as well.
- 1 Tractor-Trailer Slams Into Danbury Home At Bottom Of Slippery Hill
- 2 Danbury Police Charge Man, 36, With Attempted Murder
- 3 Danbury Could See Up To 4 Inches Of Snow In New Storm
- 4 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For New Round Of Snow Tuesday In Danbury
- 5 Teens Form Flash Mob In Danbury To Promote Fairfield County Giving Day