DANBURY, Conn. – Western Connecticut State University in Danbury will induct five graduates, two longtime supporters, and two men’s and women’s teams into the school's Athletic Hall of Fame on Friday, Oct. 16.
The 12th annual Hall of Fame dinner and ceremony will honor student athletes in football, baseball, women’s soccer and women’s field hockey, along with a veteran athletic trainer and a local business supporter
The first football team in school history, the 1969 team that went 2-2-1, and the 2007 women's soccer team, which made the Division III Final Four, will also be honored.
The individual inductees are:
- Jenna Cappellieri, women’s soccer goalie from 2005 through 2007.
- John Capodice, baseball shortstop from 1989 through 1992.
- Steven Kehoe, football offensive and defensive lineman from 1969 through 1971.
- Ellen Prunty-Goyda, women’s field hockey from 1982 through 1985.
- Michael Toscano, football linebacker from 1999 through 2001.
- Lifetime Support honors to Mark Allen, a Brookfield resident and Western’s head athletic trainer since 1982, and longtime booster Wes Brown, owner and manager of Chuck’s Steakhouse in Danbury.
The dinner and ceremony is part of Homecoming Week at WCSU, and the event will start at 6 p.m. at the Amber Room Colonnade, located at 1 Stacey Road in Danbury.
Admission is $75 per person or $700 to reserve a table for 10.
Registrations can be made online at alumni.wcsu.edu/hall-of-fame or by calling the Alumni Association office at 203-837-8298.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.