FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- The University of Connecticut is only the second No. 7 ever to reach the Final Four in the NCAA Basketball Championships.
UConn (30-8) advanced to semifinals by beating No. 4 seed Michigan State, 60-54, on Sunday afternoon at Madison Square Garden in New York, cheered on by many hometown fans.
This is the fifth time the Huskies have advanced to the Final Four, but it's the first time under head coach Kevin Ollie. It's their third Final Four in the last six years.
UConn will play No. 1 seed Florida at 6:09 p.m. Saturday at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas.
No. 8 Kentucky takes on No. 2 Wisconsin in the other Final Four matchup at 8:49 p.m. Saturday at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas.
- 1 Danbury Ranks Among State's Best Towns To Live In
- 2 Lyme Disease-Spreading Ticks Arriving Early In Fairfield County, Study Says
- 3 Malloy Promotes Second Chance Society Reforms In Danbury
- 4 Daily Voice Leaders: Farooq Kathwari, CEO Of Danbury's Ethan Allen
- 5 Danbury OKs $238M Budget With 2.4% Tax Hike