FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- The University of Connecticut is only the second No. 7 ever to reach the Final Four in the NCAA Basketball Championships.
UConn (30-8) advanced to semifinals by beating No. 4 seed Michigan State, 60-54, on Sunday afternoon at Madison Square Garden in New York, cheered on by many hometown fans.
This is the fifth time the Huskies have advanced to the Final Four, but it's the first time under head coach Kevin Ollie. It's their third Final Four in the last six years.
UConn will play No. 1 seed Florida at 6:09 p.m. Saturday at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas.
No. 8 Kentucky takes on No. 2 Wisconsin in the other Final Four matchup at 8:49 p.m. Saturday at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas.
- 1 One Lane Reopens On I-84 Stretch After Tractor-Trailer/Car Accident
- 2 Two Sons Injured Trying To Save Elderly Mother From Ridgefield Condo Fire
- 3 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teen Girl
- 4 'I Am A Woman,' Newtown High School Graduate Jenner Says In 20/20 Interview
- 5 Mucinex Cold, Flu Medicine Recall Announced