FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- The University of Connecticut is only the second No. 7 ever to reach the Final Four in the NCAA Basketball Championships.
UConn (30-8) advanced to semifinals by beating No. 4 seed Michigan State, 60-54, on Sunday afternoon at Madison Square Garden in New York, cheered on by many hometown fans.
This is the fifth time the Huskies have advanced to the Final Four, but it's the first time under head coach Kevin Ollie. It's their third Final Four in the last six years.
UConn will play No. 1 seed Florida at 6:09 p.m. Saturday at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas.
No. 8 Kentucky takes on No. 2 Wisconsin in the other Final Four matchup at 8:49 p.m. Saturday at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas.
- 1 Teen Killed After Being Hit By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place
- 2 State Police Seize 'Extraordinary Amount' Of Illegal Fireworks In Danbury
- 3 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 4 Danbury Police Search For Missing 14-Year-Old Girl
- 5 Liquor Stores In Connecticut Can Now Stay Open Later