DANBURY, Conn. – Runners can step out on New Year’s Eve with a 5k run as part of the First Night Danbury celebration.
The 5k Run Into the New Year begins at 3 p.m. on the Danbury Green. The race is hosted by CityCenter Danbury.
The race is run on a fast, flat course that rolls down Main Street to Rogers Park and back to CityCenter. Runners are invited to stay for the New Year’s Eve celebration after.
The race attracted 275 finishers last year. Todd Apgar of Somers, N.Y., won in 16:12. Kristin Wenstrom of New Orleans won the women’s division in 17:27. The race was run for the first time last year.
The race is the final one of the year in Fairfield County. Runners who want to stretch their legs on New Year’s Day will need to venture farther north, to events in either Orange or Brookfield.
Runners can find more information and register for the race on the First Night website.
- 1 Lower Fairfield County Ranked As Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 Mayor Unveils $40 Million Plan To Expand Danbury High
- 3 Danbury's Henry Abbott Tech Gets State's Seventh E-House
- 4 Nine Sandy Hook Victim Families File Lawsuit Against Gun Maker, Seller
- 5 Probability Of A White Christmas Is Low In Danbury