DANBURY, Conn. -- WestConn running back Octavias McKoy, who ran into the record book with the NCAA all-divisions single-game rushing record in October, has been named 2013 Gridiron Club of Boston Year-End Gold Helmet Award winner.
McKoy, a junior at Danbury's Western Connecticut State University, will be honored at The Awards and Captains Banquet in Stoneham, Mass., on Dec. 12.
The 5-foot-10, 191-pound running back from Stratford rushed for a stunning 455 yards and five touchdowns against Worcester State University (Mass.) on Oct. 26. That performance set the single-game rushing record across all divisions in collegiate football.
He also helped to lead WestConn to an 8-2 season and the Eastern Collegiate Athletic Conference championship over Salve Regina University on Nov. 23.
McKoy finished the 2013 season with 1,833 net yards rushing with 28 touchdowns, averaging 7.5 yards per carry. In two years so far with WestConn, McKoy has amassed 2,513 yards rushing in 19 games.
- 1 Owner Of Danbury Pet Shop Charged With Animal Cruelty
- 2 Aquarion Water Warns Customers To Beware Of Fake Employees After Burglaries
- 3 Danbury High Administrator Leaving For Post At Stamford High
- 4 New Map Shows Lyme Disease Risk
- 5 Blumenthal, Murphy Demand End To 'Default' Gun Sales After Charleston