DANBURY, Conn. -- The Regional YMCA of Western Connecticut is inviting runners to train to race for Danbury's Memorial Day 5K race.
An eight-week training program, which begins March 31, will prepare runners to participate in the race on May 26. Runners will be asked to raise funds on behalf of the Y via personal fund-raising web pages and social media, representatives said.
"Have you always wanted to participate in a road race, but didn't feel prepared? Here is an opportunity for you to train for a race and run as a team while benefiting the Regional Y," representatives said.
The Regional YMCA of Western Connecticut will host information sessions at its local branches. The first session is set for 5 p.m., Thursday, at the Greenknoll Branch of the Y at 2 Huckleberry Hill Road in Brookfield. The branch phone number is 203-775-4444. The second session is set for 9:30 a.m. Saturday, March 22 at the Boughton Street Branch of the Y at 12 Boughton St. in Danbury. The phone number is 203-744-1003. The final session is set for 11 a.m. Saturday, March 22 at the Greenknoll Branch.
- 1 Danbury's Ives Park Features Grateful Dead Anniversary Concert Simulcast
- 2 State Police Seize 'Extraordinary Amount' Of Illegal Fireworks In Danbury
- 3 Danbury Police Search For Missing 14-Year-Old Girl
- 4 Teenage Girl Struck, Killed By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place
- 5 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director