DANBURY, Conn. -- The Regional YMCA of Western Connecticut is inviting runners to train to race for Danbury's Memorial Day 5K race.
An eight-week training program, which begins March 31, will prepare runners to participate in the race on May 26. Runners will be asked to raise funds on behalf of the Y via personal fund-raising web pages and social media, representatives said.
"Have you always wanted to participate in a road race, but didn't feel prepared? Here is an opportunity for you to train for a race and run as a team while benefiting the Regional Y," representatives said.
The Regional YMCA of Western Connecticut will host information sessions at its local branches. The first session is set for 5 p.m., Thursday, at the Greenknoll Branch of the Y at 2 Huckleberry Hill Road in Brookfield. The branch phone number is 203-775-4444. The second session is set for 9:30 a.m. Saturday, March 22 at the Boughton Street Branch of the Y at 12 Boughton St. in Danbury. The phone number is 203-744-1003. The final session is set for 11 a.m. Saturday, March 22 at the Greenknoll Branch.
- 1 Suspected Drug Dealer Busted With Crack, Heroin, Danbury Police Say
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Danbury
- 3 Danbury Man, 67, Gets 10 Years In Prison For Leading Drug Ring
- 4 Danbury Billionaire Delays Construction To Keep Kids Soccer Fields Open
- 5 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport