DANBURY, Conn. -- CityCenter Danbury's Concerts on the Green begin Friday, July 10. Performances begin at 7:15 p.m., with headliners taking the bandshell stage (at Ives Street) at 8 p.m., unless otherwise noted.
The July performance schedule (program subject to change) is:
- Friday, July 10: The Way-Back Machine, which faithfully re-creates the look and music of the '60s and '70s, from The Beatles to The Byrds, Steppenwolf to Bad Company. Opening act: Nick Bukuvalas.
- Saturday, July 11: Whiskey & Rye's “The Country Rock Show” is a part of Whiskey & Rye Productions LLC, a theatrical production company specializing in live country music and related dance/crowd participation entertainment for nightclubs and outdoor festivals. Opening act: The Trolls.
- Friday, July 17: Conroy Warren & Coastal Zone, who play an Afro-Caribbean-based musical style that is integrated with several idioms. Opening act: Union Rail.
- Saturday, July 18: Bacon & Brew Fest, 3-9 p.m. Co-sponsored by CityCenter & Town Square Media. Tickets are $15-$20; to buy tickets, click here . Bacon and Brew is focused on people's love for bacon and craft beer.
- Friday, July 24: Mad Satta, a future-soul band based in New York composed of eight members who strive to bring original, positive, eclectic, thoughtful music to a wide array of listeners. Opening act: Hailey Knox.
- Saturday, July 25: Alternate Universe, a diverse cover and original band based out of Newtown. Opening act: Jam Theory.
- Friday July 31: Mighty Ploughboys, a five- piece rock band out of Danbury that blends a classic rock style with hints of traditional Irish music. Opening act: Abby and the Roadsters.
The series, presented by Union Savings Bank and CityCenter Danbury, runs through Saturday, Aug. 29, with newly added features like Thumbs Up Thursday, an evening of entertainment designed to appeal to children. A suggested donation of $2 is welcomed, $5 per family. Parking is available at the Patriot Garage at 21 Delay St. and the Bardo Garage at 10 Library Place.
This year, patrons may be picked out of the audience as a Saturday Scavenger and given the opportunity to win prizes from such downtown donors as the Palace Danbury, Danbury Museum & Historical Society, Danbury Farmers' Market and more. Show up wearing a grand chapeau (Danbury is still "Hat City") or anything that'll make you stand out in the crowd.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.