DANBURY, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Danbury last week:
- A patient at Danbury Hospital is being tested for the enterovirus D68, or EV-D68 , a severe respiratory infection affecting young children.
- Despite several reports of doom and gloom about the upcoming winter for Fairfield County, the National Weather Service is forecasting average temperatures and precipitation for the season.
- A two-vehicle crash blocked two lanes of I-84 west in Danbury.
- NCAA President Mark Emmert will speak at Danbury's Western Connecticut State University on Oct. 8 as part of the 2014 fall semester President’s Lecture.
- The first debate between U.S. Rep. Elizabeth Esty (D-5th District) and challenger Mark Greenberg will be held on Oct. 9 at 7 p.m. at the Portuguese Cultural Center in Danbury.
- The Union Savings Bank on 226 Main St. in downtown Danbury was robbed.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.