DANBURY, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Danbury last week:
- A reward is being offered for information about the hit-and-run death in Danbury of a 23-year-old woman, who worked as a certified nursing assistant with Regional Hospice and Home Care of Western Connecticut. Danbury police have released a surveillance photo of a white van that is believed to have been involved in the hit-and-run accident.
- Brian McClellan who was found on fire while attempting to ride on top of a Metro-North train in Greenwich has died as a result of his injuries.
- A Ridgefield father Kyle Seitz, 36, charged with criminally negligent homicide in the July death of his toddler son left in a hot car made his first appearance in Danbury Superior Court.
- Luis Alberto Rodriguez, 29, of 49B Highland Ave, charged with drunk driving urinated in the interviews cage after he was taken into custody by Wilton Police.
- The 2014 Community Report Card on Danbury’s Young Children highlights both the challenges faced by children in the city and the efforts of parents, educators, family support agencies, and health providers to improve their lives.
- The Danbury Fire Department promoted Shawn McGee to the rank of lieutenant during a ceremony.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.