DANBURY, Conn. -- Are your leaves starting to pile up? The city of Danbury’s free fall leaf pickup program will begin on Monday, Oct. 27, and will run for six weeks through Friday, Dec. 5.
Only leaves bagged in paper leaf bags with no tape should be left at curbside in front of residences for the city’s Highway Department to pick up. Here are the rules:
- No tape of any kind
- No plastic bags
- No large debris
- No grass, rocks, dirt, garbage or animal waste
- No brush or tree stumps
- Branches will be picked up separately. Limbs must be cut into lengths no longer than 4 feet. No limb may be larger than 4 inches in diameter. Branches must be bundled with twine in bundles no heavier than 35 pounds.
The Leaf Pickup Program is divided by I-84: Section A is south of I-84, or ZIP code 06810, and Section B is north of I-84, or ZIP code 06811.
Section A will be picked up the week of Oct. 27 through Oct. 31. Residents in this ZIP code are asked to place their bags curbside Sunday evenings.
Section B will be collected the next week. Residents in this ZIP code are asked to place their bags curbside Sunday evenings.
This cycle will be repeated through Dec. 5.
Pickup dates are subject to change throughout the program depending on weather and the Highway Department’s work schedule. The workers try to get to as many streets during a week as possible, however, there are times when pickup will be held over until the following scheduled visit to your ZIP code.
If you want to dump your leaves yourself, Ferris Mulch Products at 6 Plumtrees Road is open for Danbury residents. You may drop off their own bags or tree and yard debris throughout the year for free. The hours are Mondays through Fridays from 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. and Saturdays from 7:30 a.m. to noon. Closed on Sundays. The phone number is 203-790-1155, or you can visit their website at www.ferrismulchproducts.com .
Dates for fall leaf pickup program:
- October 27 – October 31: Section A (ZIP code 06810)
- November 3 – November 7: Section B (ZIP code 06811)
- November 10 – November 14: Section A
- November 17 – November 21: Section B
- November 24 – November 28: Section A
- December 1 – December 5: Section B
If you have any questions regarding yard debris pick-up contact CityLine 311 at 203-744-4311.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.