Contact Us
Danbury Daily Voice serves Danbury, CT
Return to your home site


Danbury Daily Voice serves Danbury, CT

Nearby Towns

police & fire

Fire At O'Brien's Irish Pub In Danbury Blamed On Wiring

Photo Credit:

DANBURY, Conn. - A fire that heavily damaged the interior of O'Brien's Irish Pub & Restaurant last month was caused by wiring problems in the grease trap's motor, according to the News-Times .

The May 25 fire destroyed half of the kitchen and half of one dining room, Danbury Fire Marshal Jim Russell told the News-Times.

With no smoke detector near where the source, the alarm didn’t sound until 1:50 a.m., nearly two hours after the fire began, Russell told the News-Times.

Read the full story here at the News-Times website.

to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.

Welcome to

Danbury Daily Voice!

Get the news you need to know on the go.

Welcome to

Danbury Daily Voice!

Hi! You've read our articles so we know you like our reporting. To keep reading please join our mailing list.

Get important news about your town as it happens.