Contact Us
Danbury Daily Voice serves Danbury, CT
Return to your home site

Menu

Danbury Daily Voice serves Danbury, CT

Nearby Towns

Breaking News: Tractor-Trailer Crash Snarls Morning Commute On I-84
police & fire

Newtown Homeowner Burned In Early Morning Fire

A Sandy Hook homeowner was injured when a fire broke out in his Bungalow Terrace home early Monday
A Sandy Hook homeowner was injured when a fire broke out in his Bungalow Terrace home early Monday Photo Credit: Google Maps

NEWTOWN, Conn. — A Newtown homeowner suffered burns after a fire broke out in his home early Monday morning, according to the Connecticut Post.

The fire at the Bungalow Terrace home started at around 2:40 a.m. Monday when a spark from the fireplace lit a chair on fire, according to the Connecticut Post. The owner suffered burns on his hands when he tried unsuccessfully to drag the chair outside, the Connecticut Post reported.

The Sandy Hook Fire Department arrived on scene to find heavy flames shooting out the front of the building, according to the Connecticut Post. All four Newtown fire departments responded and were able to extinguish the blaze, but it suffered heavy damage and it is unknown if it can be repaired, according to the Connecticut Post.

The homeowner was taken to Bridgeport Hospital to be treated for the burns on his hands, the Connecticut Post reported.

Click here to read the Connecticut Post story.

to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.

Welcome to

Danbury Daily Voice!

Get the news you need to know on the go.

Welcome to

Danbury Daily Voice!

Hi! You've read our articles so we know you like our reporting. To keep reading please join our mailing list.

Get important news about your town as it happens.