DANBURY, Conn. — A second teenager was arrested Thursday and charged with felony murder in connection with the homicide of an 18-year-old Danbury man earlier this month, police said.
Danbury detectives determine that Lorenzo Santana, 16, of Danbury, was involved in the homicide of Gabriel Bara-Bardo, 18, on Aug. 5, police said.
Police applied for a warrant for his arrest, which was issued Wednesday by Danbury Superior Court, police said. Detectives on Thursday, Aug. 17, arrested and charged Santana, who was already in custody and being detained at a Juvenile Detention Center on unrelated charges.
The first arrest was made Wednesday, when officers arrested Ronald Massagli, 15, and charged with felony murder in the same case, police said.
Bara-Bardo, 18, was found alone and unconscious in the roadway next to his vehicle on Abbott Street at 5:46 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 5, by officers who had responded to a report of suspicious activities, police said.
He died later of his injuries without regaining consciousness, police said.
The Office of the Chief Medical Examiner ruled that Bara-Bardo died of complications following blunt impact to the head and neck and the manner of death was homicide.
Lorenzo Santana was charged with felony murder, second-degree robbery, second-degree criminal mischief, fifth-degree larceny, and four counts of conspiracy to commit the listed charges.
Massagli was charged with the same offenses and transported to Bridgeport Juvenile Detention Center.
The investigation is still ongoing, and additional arrests are expected.
Anyone with information on the case is asked to call the anonymous Tips Line at 203-790-8477.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.