DANBURY, Conn. – U.S. Rep. Elizabeth Esty (D-5th District) sent a survey to her constituents on Twitter seeking feedback.
Esty, who represents Danbury and much of northwestern Connecticut, sent out the survey with a simple question: “As we begin the 114th Congress, I want to hear from you. What are your priorities?”
The list of priorities included:
- Expanding opportunities for American manufacturers.
- Upgrading the area's transportation infrastructure.
- Protecting Social Security and Medicare.
- Improving services for military veterans.
- Passing gun safety laws that are put together with common sense.
- Equal pay for equal work.
- Raising the federal minimum wage to Connecticut's $10.10 per hour by 2017.
Those interested in the survey can access it at this link .
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.