Updated: FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- As a powerful thunderstorm rolled across Fairfield County on Tuesday afternoon, Eversource and United Illuminating reported a number of power outages in the region.
The outage numbers were continuing to grow as the storm moved through the area and across the state.
The number of customers affected by the storm went up and down throughout the early evening. As of 9 p.m., the outages included:
- Danbury: 87 outages, largely unchanged since the storm
- Easton: 121 outages, down from 1,130
- Fairfield: 31 outages, mostly unchanged since the storm hit
- Redding: 1,990 outages, or 51 percent of the town, mostly unchanged since the storm hit
- Ridgefield: 3,304, or 31 percent of the town; down from 5,425 outages
Greenwich has restored its earlier reported outages. Weston's 695 outages had been restored as had the five in Wilton.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.